A professional wants to take your track to a world class engineer! To make the song sound as best as possible he needs every instrument dry and on it’s own track. This is tracking out a beat.
Below is universal way to track out your beat but there maybe shortcuts and other ways depending on your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).
- Create a new folder and label it: Song Name – BPM – Key (optional)
- Remove all tags from the project, then export the mix unmastered as a .wav into the folder you just created
- Add ONE mastered version of the beat to the folder so the artist can listen and write to it
- Do a file -> Save as -> and name your project file “Beat Name Stems” – This is critical so you still have the original mix after you track it out.
Track Out Steps
- Remove ALL effects from every track (Creative FX, Compression, EQ, Reverb, Delays etc.)
- Solo each track and export the full length of the song
24 bit .depth, 44,100 hz
- Place each track in folder
- Add extra info in a .pdf file for the engineer such and tempo, key and changes between the two if needed.
- Once all tracks have been added to the folder, right click the folder > Send to > Compressed folder
- Keep this final compressed folder to send to the winner of your auction!
Freedom Tracks 90 bpm F min
- Freedom mix Notes.pdf
- Hi Hat
- Lead Synth
- Chorus Chords
Extra help link found below: